Monday, August 31, 2020

Blessed Joy | Shimmerz Paints Creative Team | Masculine Mixed Media Layout

 Hello everyone!

Who's up for some Fall Fun right about now? As one day leads into the next, we are slowly transitioning from Summer to Fall, and hopefully some cooler weather. I have a masculine mixed media layout to share with you today, and it can easily be adapted to more of a Fall theme. Not only that, but it also took under 20 minutes to make!


Let's get started. I began by choosing a navy cardstock as my base and added 3 horizontal brushstrokes of white acrylic paint followed by two areas of modeling paste in the upper right and lower left hand sections. I set my base aside to dry off the modeling paste and in the meantime began selecting my embellishments. I didn't got to crazy with the embellishing so as not to cover up the mixed media. 

Once my base was dry, I sprayed Rollin' In The Hay and Bed of Roses near the modeling paste; and splashed a bit of Granny Gray on the other areas. I then began to add in my pictures (matted on silver cardstock and backed with craft foam) nestled a bit on top of each other and began placing the previously selected embellishments (for added dimension, some of them were popped up on craft foam as well). Finished off the tags with some off-white ribbon, added a few drops of golden Stickles, and splattered some more Rollin' In The Hay and Bed of Roses to tie everything together. 

And that's it! Pretty quick and simple, but altogether a stunning masculine layout. Hope I've inspired you to crack out your fall colors and get creative. Thank you so much for reading up to this point. Remember, you can always get a freebie in your next Shimmerz order by typing "LORIMAR" into the comments section.

- Stay Well, Lorimar.







No comments: