Thursday, May 14, 2020

Color Kitz May Collection | Brianna Lepper

Hey y'all!  Brianna Lepper here with my layout this month using the May Color Kitz!  The kit this month has the prettiest colors!  Here's what comes in each kit!


A Bright Fuchsia Coloringz: A new exclusive color to this kit. This color is a vibrant pink color spray with red undertones and no shimmer.
Mustard Seed Vibez
Angels Kiss Inklingz
Paradise Punch Creameez
Moulin Rouge Shimmerz
1 exclusive Blooming Butterfly cut file created by Shimmerz Paints
1 set of Silver embellishing floss
1 set of "Sweet Thing" Dotz

1 set of Watercolor Butterfly Ephemera stickers

I loved working with this kit and loved all of the pinks with the pop of yellow.  Here's my layout, I hope you like it!


To start, I cut the Blooming Butterfly cut file out twice on some textured white cardstock.  I sized one of them large and the other one small.  I wanted to have the large butterfly be a main focus with the smaller one as an accent piece.  When they were finished cutting, I applied some white gesso onto each one.  Then I started painting on the colors from the kit. 


Starting with the Bright Fuchsia Coloringz, I sprayed it directly onto the large butterfly and then went in with the lighter colors in the kit.  The Paradise Punch Creameez is so beautiful!!  The Angel's Kiss Inklingz has so much shimmer, it's stunning!

Since I applied gesso on both butterflies, the paints were able to blend nicely together instead of being soaked up into the paper.  I then took the Mustard Seed Vibez and sprayed it onto the smaller butterfly and blended some of the pinks out towards the bottom.  While the butterflies were drying, I took all of the colors from the kit and splattered them around the page.


I then adhered the butterflies to my page, being careful not to add glue to the entire pieces.  I wanted to make sure parts of them would pop up and give my page some dimension.  The Sweet Thing Dotz are so cute!  I scattered them around my page and made sure to tangle up some of the silver embroidery floss from the kit underneath each one.


Next, I took a few of the butterfly ephemera stickers in matching colors and added those around my page as well.


I just love all of the texture and dimension on this page!  I love how intricate the cut file is and when adding color to it, it just makes it pop so much more.  I added some patterned papers underneath my photos and embellished with a few stickers and puffy stickers here and there.  



Check out my process video below for a more step by step process.  Also, don't forget to add my name in the comments/notes section of your order and you'll receive a free gift!  See you next month when I create a new layout using the June Color Kitz!

























No comments: