Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Color Kitz - March Collection | Brianna Lepper

Hey y'all! Brianna here with a fun Spring themed layout using the newly released March Color Kitz!  This kit is perfect to start documenting all of your Spring photos!  There's even some new enamel Spotz included in this kit along with some hot air balloon stickers! Here's the complete list of everything in this kit:

Sweet Pea Spritz: A new exclusive color to this kit. This color is a soft lilac purple with silver shimmer.

Cotton Candy Spritz
Goldie Lox Shimmeringz
Refresh Mint Creameez
Sky's The Limit Creameez
1 exclusive Hot Air Balloon cut file created by Shimmerz Paints
1 package of 8 random assortment of Shimmerz Paints watercolor hot air balloon ephemera stickers.
1 set of "Hello Sun" Dotz
1 set of Shimmerz Paints Spotz: Pastel color Enamel stickers. A new Shimmerz Paints Product coming to the Shimmerz Shop Spring 2020

Have y'all joined in on the March Spring Forward Challenge?  We are all challenged to create a layout/project without using any patterned paper.  Read more about it in this post here.  


Here's my layout using this amazing kit!


To start, I cut the Hot Air Balloon cut file on white textured cardstock and after it was done cutting, I left it on the mat and started painting on all of the colors from the kit.  I didn't prep my paper with any gesso so I left it on the mat to help minimize warping.  I let it dry overnight and carefully peeled it off of the mat and backed the entire cut file with some vellum ( I didn't use any patterned paper, yay!)


For my background, I prepped some Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock with white gesso and used the Spritz Cotton Candy, Creameez Sky's The Limit and Spritz Sweet Pea to create a cotton candy like sunset.  I wanted to keep my entire page soft and airy.  


I took my cut file and popped it up on some dimensional strips and staggered the hot air balloon stickers from the kit around the cut file.  I wanted to create a scene as if the balloons were off floating in the distance.  


I pulled some floral die cuts from the new Bloom Street collection by Paige Evans and created 3 clusters around my page.  I pulled the Hello Sun Dotz from the kit and stuck those down in the same clusters and added some tangled thread underneath them.  I love the extra texture it gives!


A close up of my photo with the cute Dotz!


To finish off my layout, I sprinkled the cutest new to the shop enamel Spotz in the same 3 clusters and added some final splatters with the Shimmeringz in Goldie Lox and Spritz in Sweet Pea.  



This layout was so fun and easy to create!!!  You can add any colors to a cut file without having to back it with anything!  I encourage y'all to join the Spring Forward March Challenge and can't wait to see what you create!  Don't forget to add my name in the notes/comments section of your order and you'll receive a free gift! Thanks again for stopping by and we will see you in my next post using the April Color Kitz!! 

Process Video:






No comments: