Tuesday, February 25, 2020

The Craft Life | Jen McMurtrey

Hey Shimmerz friends! It’s Jen today with a fun layout featuring the beautiful Texturez Goldmine mixed with Inklingz Sheer Bliss, Creameez Boogie Boardin' Blue, and Inklingz Twinkle, Twinkle.

I love this photo of my crafty friends and me from a crop we attend every fall . . . we were running on very little sleep when it was taken and it definitely shows.

Here’s a look at the project.


To begin, I selected the pink ledger paper for the base and applied a coat of clear gel medium to make blending the paints easier. The --- was applied first by misting the paper and then adding the paint. To achieve the variations in color, I used more water to thin the colors as I felt necessary.


Remember to allow the paints to dry completely when adding multiple colors to keep them from bleeding into one another. I used my heat tool in order to speed up the process.

With the paints dry, I used a stencil and applied the mixture of Texturez Gold Mine and Inklingz Sheer Bliss to give that pop of gold texture. Don't be afraid to mix your products - look at what I achieved by mixing two colors with a bit of water! 


After the paste had dried, I went about adding the photo and embellishing the layout. 


Everything that I used on this project is from the Simple Stories Hey, Crafty Girl collection along with Thickers and Pinkfresh Studio puffy alphabet stickers.


This project was fun to make and totally cracks me up. That title says it all.

If you need supplies, be sure to head on over to the Shimmerz Shop. Remember to type code JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a freebie with your order.


Thank you for stopping by today, and I hope you're inspired to create!

- Jen

No comments: