Friday, February 28, 2020

Hey everyone!

Here's a family layout that has tons of mixed media, shinny and all that goodness wrapped into one layout. The link to process video is at the end of this blog post.


When I got the February Collection from Hip Kit Club, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the kit -- Tons and tons of mixed media and florals.  My family photos are perfect for this layout and let's get started on how I made this oh so perfect layout.  I started with priming my paper with clear gesso. 

I used the February Color kit from Shimmerz Paints.  It will be perfect for this layout.  I started with Spun Sugar as my base and then adding three colors, Shimmerz Weaksest Pink and Bubble Gum Blast and ending with Vibez Blushing Pride as three different sections on the paper.



I allow that dry and I took out some pastes and then used Paige Evan's Stencil to get all those little circles throughout those lines I made with the three pinks.  I just love how it turned out!  After all of that mixed media, it is time embellish!!  I did a lof florals all over the page.


I just love the florals and the emenals dots along with Shimmeringz Goldie Lox as splatters! 
And that's it! Love how it turned out! I hope I've inspired you to get crafty and get your story documented. Thanks for looking!     
 

Remember, you can get some free paint by writing my name in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order.



With February ending in just 2 days, I'm gearing up to welcome the Spring sunshine and join in on the Shimmerz Spring Forward challenge! Join us as we create projects without ANY patterned paper.

No comments: