Thursday, February 20, 2020

A Sweet Date | Valentine's Day themed layout with process video

Hey everyone!

Here's another romantic layout which has some fussy-cutting and floral painting. Link to process video is at the end of this blog post.

Ever since I first saw that wreath paper from PinkFresh Studio, I knew that I wanted to fussy-cut it out and add it on some white cardstock and fill it out with more flowers.


But before doing that, I made a frame from a paper by Amy Tangerine and trimmed a white cardstock to 11.5 by 11.5. I then colored the cardstock by placing an overturned bowl in the center and spraying Jenni B Bleu, Cotton Candy and Granny Gray over it. By adding the bowl in the center, I created a whited-out section in the center and this further accentuates the circle look of the layout. Removed the bowl, waited for it dry before spraying some more Granny Gray all over the layout and splattered some Bumbly Bee as well.


Set it aside to dry and began to work on some fussy cut flowers I had previously worked on. They are also from a PinkFresh Studio patterned paper and they were white. To add more color to layout, I colored them using: Boogie Boarin' Blue, Ride the Tide, Jolly Green Giant, Bubble Gum Blast, Pink, Olive U Truly, and Dear John Letter. 


Once all my elements were dry, I added the cardstock unto the patterned paper frame, placed the wreath in center and popped it up on craft foam. Layered in the flowers into two clusters around my picture and a third in the upper left corner; the tips of these were popped up on craft foam for added dimension. Finished off the layout with some puffy heart stickers and pearls from my stash, added my journaling in light blue ink, and placed my title above the picture. Splashed some Old Yeller for a pop of gold.


And that's it! Love, love, love how it turned out! Hope I've inspired you to get crafty and get your story documented. Thanks for looking! Process video: https://youtu.be/mmW9NnehZXs 

Remember, you can get some free paint by writing my name in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order. 



With February ending in just 9 days, I'm gearing up to welcome the Spring sunshine and join in on the Shimmerz Spring Forward challenge! Join us as we create projects without ANY patterned paper.



- Lorimar



No comments: