Tuesday, January 14, 2020

January 2020 Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey y'all!  Brianna here with a new layout using the bigger and better January Color Kitz!  The new Kitz are jam packed full of product AND exclusive items that are only available in this kit!  For $29.95 + shipping here's what you get:

Into The Woods Vibez *new and exclusive to this kit
Before Dawn Vibez
Sage Advice Shimmerz *new and exclusive to this kit
For Shore Creameez
Silver Fox Shimmerz *new and exclusive to this kit
Sheer Bliss Inklingz
4 journaling cards
1 exclusive forest cut file created by Paige Taylor Evans
1 teaspoon package of Country Buttonz
1 set of "Happy Day" Dotz




I had so much fun working with this Kit! There are so many fun elements included in it and I love how my page turned out!  First, I cut the cut file out on white cardstock on my Silhouette Cameo and then went back to cut it again.  Before I sent it to cut, I offset the whole cut file so that I would be able to have the inner pieces of the cut file separate and large enough to back the original cut file with.  In doing this, I was able to paint each indidivual piece the colors I wanted them to be.


Taking this extra step saved me some time in the end.  I let my Silhouette do the work for me since I knew that I wanted to back the cut file with the pieces I was going to paint. I painted the trees, the water, clouds, sun and the mountains with all of the colors from the Kit. I didn't prep my cardstock with any gesso this time and just let the colors soak into the paper.  It's textured cardstock so I love the look it gave!


I left each piece on the cutting mat while painting them since I wanted to make sure the pieces didn't curl or warp too much.  That would definitely create a problem when I went to go and back the cut file.  Painting each section of the cut file was quite therapeutic and I made sure to add some shading so that there was some depth to each element.


After the pieces were finished drying, I went ahead and backed the whole cut file and added some white paint splatters to the trees. 


Then I started embellishing the rest of my page using the Dotz, journaling tags and Buttonz from the Kit! These Dotz are the perfect addition to any project and I love adding tangled thread underneath them to give it another layer of texture.  


I clustered the cute and tiny Buttonz around my page using the colors that were already on my project.  The black, white and peach buttonz matched perfectly and gave that final touch to finish off my layout.  


Thank y'all so much for stopping by today and don't forget to snag your January Kit now before it's no longer available in the shop!  Don't forget to include my name in the notes/comments section of your next order and you'll receive a free gift!  

I'd also love it if you checked out my process video for this layout!





No comments: