Tuesday, January 7, 2020

2 Cute | Boy-themed layout with process video

Hello everyone!

Started this new year by making a boy themed layout with lots of colors and layers. It's a pretty simple layout so let's get started! For further help, link to process video is posted at the end of this blogpost.


Started off my background with white cardstock covered in clear gesso and began spraying in colors with the following mists: Bed of Roses (Spritz), Lil' Yellow School Bus (Coloringz), Jeni B Blue (Vibez), In Deep (Coloringz), Princess (Vibez), Tuscan Sun (Spritz), Rollin' In The Hay (Vibez). I added these colors just by spraying them unto the background and rolling my paper towel roll over them. After doing this 3 times to ensure a bold colored background, I splattered black and white acrylic paint. Set it aside to dry.


While the background dried, I began to work on my paper layers. Used Shimelle's Field Trip collection patterned papers;began trimming them into various widths and lengths and finally distressed most of the edges. Once the background was dry, I layered all the pieces of patterned paper unto the background, adding an extra layer of paper with a teal polka-dot acetate sheet. 


Added some stars (leftovers from 2 different cutfiles) which I previously colored with Hermit the Frog (Vibez), Lil' Yellow School Bus (Coloringz), Bed of Roses (Spritz), Hint of Mint (Spritz) and In Deep (Coloringz). Popped these up on craft foam and layered in some more ephemera and stickers from Field Trip. For more interest and color, I punched out some leaves and also layered them in. I added some vellum beneath the title thickers in order to make it pop even more.


Finished the layout off with splatters of Pixie Dust (Blingz) and some Nuvo Drops in dark green, and added my journaling beneath my title.


That's it! I hope I've inspired you to get creative with your Shimmerz colors and get your stories documented. Remember, you can get free paint in your next Shimmerz order by typing in my name in the comments section. 



Here's the link to the process video: https://youtu.be/-728OKwDhVI 

Take care, friends, and stay crafty!

- Lorimar


No comments: