Thursday, December 12, 2019

Sweet Wishes with Process Video | Niki Rowland



Hey there everyone, Niki here today with a very christmassy layout to share. There is a process video of this layout that can be found at the end of this blog post.

I started off with a white background and this gorgeous cut file by Paige Evans that is part of our December Kitz.  I placed the cut file onto the layout to work out approximately where it would sit.



I the applied two colours of Inklingz paint under the cut file: Lover's Lips Inklingz and Pink a Boo Inklingz. I applied them using the packaging technique and I wanted to keep the colours quite soft so I added quite a lot of water to them. I added splatters and then left my background to one side to dry off.


I them backed the cut file with lots of different patterns. I've used multiple Christmas collections for this layout and have also used silver and red glitter papers for a really Christmassy feel. I wasnt happy with my background once my cut file was stuck in place so I added more of my two chosen Inklingz at this point to get more coverage showing out from behind the cut file. I used a paintbrush to apply extra colour and then spritzed with water so I still had a good water colour look.


I used a snowflake stencil to stencil an area under my photo. I used the Tutti Fruitti Dazzlerz paste which I think is my favourite Dazzlerz: it's so soft and pretty and like all Dazzlerz, it drys really shimmery. I used it to add an extra layer of texture under my photo.

I then embellished using embellishments from various Christmas collections. I added wood veneer which I painted with Lover's Lips and Pink a Boo Inklingz too. Here's another look at the finished layout:


Thank you so much for joining me today: check out the process video below.



Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz website, enter my name in the comments for a freebie! Happy scrapping xxx

https://www.instagram.com/nikiclaire/ 



No comments: