Monday, October 21, 2019

October Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey y'all!  Brianna here with a Fall themed scrapbook layout using the gorgeous October Color Kitz! This kit is perfect for documenting your favorite Fall photos or creating any Fall project!  You get 4 colors and an exclusive Dotz set this month for $15.95 + shipping.  The colors in this kit are Spritz Tuscan Sun, Vibez Hot Fudge, Shimmerz Pumpkin and Inklingz in Jolly Green Giant.


For the month of October, we are having a Color Challenge!  We had to each choose 1 color that we normally wouldn't reach for and had to make that color a main focus on our project.  I went ahead and chose Tuscan Sun since I'm typically not a go to yellow lover.  This challenge is always one of my favorites.  It allows you to step away from your comfort zone and try new colors.  You never know, it may just be your new favorite!




Let's get to my layout!  I took some watercolor paper, punched out some leaves with a few punches from my stash and applied the colors from the Kit on each one.  I sprayed the colors onto my mixed media mat and smooshed the paper into the colors, I added splatters and I also painted the colors onto each leaf.  I had so much fun creating these leaves!!

One they were all dry, I ran them through my sewing machine using some gold thread from my stash.


I then added some white gesso to some white cardstock and took some Texturez in Tidy Widy and applied to a stencil from my stash.  After it dried, I sprayed on the Spritz in Tuscan Sun and also added a little of the Shimmerz in Pumpkin as well.


I created my title using a cut file from earlier this year by the Hip Kit Club and layered my finished leaves around it.  

I kept the embellishing pretty simple.  I wanted the leaves and the photo to be the main focus on my layout.  I hope I've inspired you in some way today!  I challenge you to choose a color that isn't your "go to" color and use that as your main color in your next layout.  I had so much fun creating this layout for the Color Challenge!  Make sure to share your layout/project in the Shimmerz Shares FB group and tag me in it!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Add my name in the notes/comments section of your next order and you'll receive a free gift!  See you next month with some November Color Kitz inspiration! 








No comments: