Thursday, October 31, 2019

Frightful | Niki Rowland



Hellllllllooooooooooo, and happy Halloween everyone! This is Niki here with you today with a very spooky layout featuring three colours of Creameez and Inklingz.


I really wanted to use that bat patterned paper for my background but then I wouldn't have had anywhere to put my mixed media, so I added a large strip of white across the middle of the background. I was then able to have some fun with spooky Shimmerz colours and create a background. I always think a white background isn't quite right on a Halloween layout so adding mixed media was the perfect way to recify this!


I used three colours:
Together they were a great Halloween combination. I used the packaging technique to apply the colours across the white cardstock strip. I added large areas of the colours and then added loads of splatters too. I almost wanted it to look like a spooky sky so I was sort of aiming for clouds (sort of!)


 I then added strips of torn patterned paper over my background.  I machine stitched through with black thread and hand-drew spider webs onto the background too. I fussy cut out some clouds from one of my papers and added them to the top of my layout.



I finished off with a haunted house, a witch, a gravestone, plus several lots of fussy cut candy. I really love creating Halloween layouts, they are soooooo different from my usual style that I have loads of fun making them.

Thanks so much for joining me today and have a FRIGHTFUL day!

Happy scrapping xxx 

PS don't forget if you place an order via the Shimmerz website, add my name to the comments and you will get a little freebie - happy days!


https://www.instagram.com/nikiclaire/



No comments: