Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Shimmering Octobers

Hello!

It's Lee Ann here and despite the temps, it is officially fall and, can you believe it, October is right around the corner!  October is one of my favorite months. What's not to like- crisp air, colorful leaves, soup, and the pumpkin patch!  I have discovered a wonderful pumpkin patch in an Amish town in Illinois.  Blue skies, golden leaves and orange pumpkins!


I started out with water color paper and two of my favorite products, the first being Jeni B Bleu Vibez spray.  This spray has a pearl shimmer to it and is a beautiful aqua/turquoise color.  I also used Well Blue Me Down Coloringz, which is a pigmented spray without shimmer.  It is an aqua color with more green to it than the Jeni B Bleu.  Together, they are stunning! I used the packaging technique to add these two colors to my water color paper.  I dried in between layers.


My bottom layer is also water color paper with a wash of Creameez Dandy Lion.


Once I was done with these layers, I colored my adorable pumpkins and fussy cut them out.
Using my MISTI, I stamped the sentiment on both the top layer and the bottom layer, masking and separating it so the pumpkins ran through it.
I added a golden shimmer with some spattering of Miner Miner 49er Inklingz.


I love how this turned out and I hope you do too! 

I have a second card to share, a CAS one, born out of my first attempts with the card above.


I started with the two colors, the Jeni B Bleu and the Well Bleu Me Down.  I spritzed the colors on so did not get as much variation and texture that I wanted.  No worries, I had a plan to use the Widy Tidy Texturez paste.  I love this stuff; even after it dries it has a shine to it.  I added this in areas with a stencil over my blue panel, and then while still wet, I sprinkled some chunky gold embossing enamel and hit it with the heat tool. 
I loved the look, but it was not working with my pumpkins.  So it was abandoned for a bit and then because it was so pretty, I had to find a use for it.  I decided to die cut a leaf shape into my white cs and mount it on top of the blue, gold, and white textured panel.  I finished with a simple sentiment (going to a friend fighting cancer) and some score lines around the edges of the card.

  There are still a few of the September Color Kitz available, so grab them while you can!  

Should you decide to do any Shimmerz shopping, add my name, Lee Ann, in the comments when you check out to get a mini free gift! 



Thanks for stopping by!  

Lee Ann 

No comments: