Monday, September 9, 2019

Color Kitz for the Besties with Natalie

Hey friends, Natalie here with some new inspiration using this month's Missy Whidden September color Kitz! The price on this kitz is $18.95.




The Missy Whidden Color Kit includes:
  • Coloringz Well Blue Me Down
  • Shimmerz Pinko de Mayo
  • Inklingz First Blush
  • Inklingz Good as Gold
  • 3 exclusive Dotz
  • Exclusive Cut File by Paige Evans


I love these girly colors, and for someone who doesn't typically make many "girly" pages, I decided to change things up! I also am SO ready for fall, so I decided to embellish the exclusive cut file with some fall leaves.


I applied clear gesso to a white piece of cardstock and threw all 4 of these colors down in different sections. They dried so beautifully, and then I used the paper to cut out different leave shapes.

You can see the full process here on my YouTube channel.


Teal, pink & gold as a fall palette is unique to me & I love it! The muted color I chose to cut out the ampersand cut file really allows the fall leaves colored with the Kitz to pop.


I applied clear gesso to my background paper in order to add splatters with Whale Blue me Down, Pinko de Mayo and Good as Gold. The gesso makes the colors dry vibrantly rather than soaking into the paper. I added some succulent die cuts for an additional fall vibe.


The gold really pops out the most to me overall! I also added sequins and some turquoise pearls from my stash for additional texture. 

Creating your own "patterned" paper for die cuts is a great way to use controlled mixed media on a scrapbook page if the process makes you nervous. Spreading the inks and paints on a gessoed paper is basically foolproof because when you die cut, they turn out beautifully!


The exclusive Dotz add some great dimension to the page. I love to use them in embellishment clusters.



I love all the texture and dimension, most of which comes from bending up portions of  the exclusive cut file the die cut, painted leaves. The gesso & paint help the paper to be super sturdy which helps with dimension too.

I hope you feel inspired to maybe use some unusual color palettes on your fall layouts and let the design and  other elements set the seasonal tone! I had so much fun creating this layout, and you and still grab a Missy Kitz on the Shimmerz website.

You can also grab a September Color Kitz here for a more traditional fall color scheme.

Thank you for looking today!


No comments: