Saturday, June 29, 2019

July Color Kit : Happy 4th!

Hi Friendz! I'm so excited to get a sneak peek to you guys of the July Color Kitz! We've got 4th of July right around the corner and this kit is PERFECT for the month of July. So patriotic and sparkly. In this months kit, we have a new exclusive color for the month of July. "Sea's the Day" Vibez is a stunning shade of blue. If you love "Peacock's Plume" Shimmerz Paints, you will LOVE "Sea's the Day". Not to mention the POP of shimmer it comes with. This kit also comes with:

  • 1 jar of Royal Red Shimmerz
  • 1 jar of Blue My Mind Inklingz
  • 1 jar of Pixie Dust Blingz
  • 1 package of Spiegelmom Scrap star sequins. They're tiny but mighty.




To start, I took some Vicki Boutin Gesso (which if you haven't read in the past, I'm OBSESSED with her gesso. It's not gritty and sandy. Just smooth but thick. With my gesso, I treated it like paint and used my Felicity Jane heart stencil (I'm not entirely sure if they carry this one in their store any longer. I've had it for a couple of years.). Once my gesso is dried, I began painting the colors on super messy, blending it all in and harmonizing well together. Pixie Dust is very much a transparent white paint with TONS of glitter, so I took that and just splashed it all over the top and through out the blues and red. 
 I've been stashing these papers from Pebbles 4 of July line from last year. They made the perfect pop and flowed perfectly with the colors in the kit. These star stickers from Michaels were also being saved for a rainy day such as today. The final little piece? The star sequins. With my paint still slightly wet, I sprinkled them along the top of the page. The paint will act like a glue in a way.


I hope this guys got you all ready for our new Color  Kitz! They will be dropping Monday, 9 AM MST July 1st. Have a happy and safe 4th of July everyone!

-Samantha

No comments: