Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Adore Able | Niki Rowland



Hi Everyone, Niki back today with another mixed media layout to share with you. I am continuing my love affair with Creameez and Inklingz and these are what I used to create my background.


I started off with a piece of Marshmallow cardstock. I then used three colours of Shimmerz to create the background using the packaging technique. The colours I used are:
Red Necking Creameez
Witches Blue Creameez
Coral Reef Inklingz.

Red Necking is a soft red, if that makes sense. It's not a bright Christmas red, but has more of a pink tone, however it's still recognisable as red rather than pink. I'm using quite a bit of red at the moment and Red Necking is absolutely the perfect choice.

Witches Blue is a deep navy and it is my favourite navy to use at the moment. Navy is appearing in loads of collections right now but a navy spray on a background can be very dark and is sometimes a bit too intense. Witches Blue is great becuase it is a Creameez, meaning you have to activate it with water. You can choose how much water you add and therefore the intensity of the colour. If you add loads of water the colour will not be as strong. If you add only a little then the colour will be much richer. This means you can customise the colour for your individual layouts.

Once I had applied all three colours using the packaging technique, I then added lots of splatters in the same colours. I just use a paintbrush for this.


When my background was dry, I used Spun Sugar Dazzlers through an Echo Park Stencil. I applied it in small areas rather than all over. When that was dry I outlined some of the shapes with a black pen.


I then started to build up my layout. I had just the one photo and I created a photo stack behind it. I then added in some fussy cut flowers from a sheet of Dear Lizzy It's All Good Paper, and ephemera and flowers from Paige Evans Horizon. 


I also used the Paige Evans Horizon swatch books to make the patterns on the two sides of this layout. I distressed the edges and stuck them in place and added machine stitching too. I finished off by adding a title using an acrylic word by Bramble Fox and some alphabet stickers, Blue Bonkers Sequins by Spiegel Mom Scraps and a few more splatters!

Thanks so much for joining me today, I had great fun creating this layout and I'm really happy with the result. Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz website, put my name in the comments for a freebie.

Happy scrapping xx 







No comments: