Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Making Cards with the NEW April Missy Whidden COLOR KIT | Ericka Strange

Happy Spring! I hope your weather is cooperating and you can feel spring in the air! Ericka here, and I have two cards I made with the beautiful April Missy Whidden Kit!  


I love these colors and this cut file was so fun to use in a card!  Take a look at all the fun things this kit has to offer.

http://www.shimmerzpaints.com/shop.php#!/Color-Kitz-The-Missy-Whidden-April-Kit/p/134925682/category=33206055


I love the butterfly cut file and all the ways you can use it. I first took some thin watercolor paper (that I might have borrowed from my daughter's stash) and played with the different products until I got a look I liked.


I used my Silhouette and sized the cut file so that it would fit nicely on a A2 card panel. I love these butterflies and how they are all connected to form a fun panel.



I then created a background panel with watercolor paper by taking some scrap plastic and the Jeni B Bleu, 1 Hot Mamma Creameez and Shimmerz Bumbly Bee and smooshing the color on to the paper.


I glued the cut file onto the panel once it was dry and added this butterfly from Reverse Confetti in a similar color.


After I finished my card, I had all these beautiful butterflies that I just couldn't throw away. So of course, I had to make another card using the scraps!

I made the panel using watercolor paper and painted on the beautiful colors. Then I started to layout all the butterflies I had saved from my card above.


I then alternated using glue and foam tape to give the butterflies a little dimension. I used the same stamp set from Reverse Confetti. I have a couple more cards that I'm working on using this fun cut file and the Dotz included. Stay tune for more lol.

Here is another look at the two cards I made using this beautiful kit.



 


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week! If you want to know more about the products I used feel free to stop over at my blog Strangely Creative.

Don't forget if you place an order with Shimmerz Paints to mention my name, Ericka Strange, in the comment section of the order for a fun freebie!

http://www.shimmerzpaints.com/shop.php

Shimmerz Paints Products Used:

Shimmerz Paints - Color Kitz: The Missy Whidden April Kit
Color Kitz: The Missy Whidden April Kit
Shimmerz Paints - Vibez - Jeni B Bleu
Vibez - Jeni B Bleu
Shimmerz Paints - Creameez - 1 Hot Mama
Creameez - 1 Hot Mama
Shimmerz Paints - Inklingz - Honey Do List
Inklingz - Honey Do List
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Bumbly Bee
Shimmerz - Bumbly Bee

No comments: