Monday, February 4, 2019

Great Things Take Time

Here's my new design team page for Shimmerz Paints,which are amazing!I have used a photo from google free, by A.M. Lorek. 







To make this page, I applied clear gesso to Prima Spring Farmhouse paper.
I applied texture paste with Celtic stencil from TCW,then put the layers with the photo together. I tore off parts of the surface paper of corrugated cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I added the photo with a layer of cardstock taped on, then watercolor paper. I put layers of foam core board between everything to add dimension, and to allow room to tuck things into.








I picked out chipboard from Reneabouquets, and painted it with A Rose( by any other name) and First Blush Inklingz.I put on a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle with a paintbrush,just letting it drip from the brush, as I moved the brush across the chipboard. It comes off the brush in a line, not drops.






To add visual interest I applied micro beads, seed beads, glass glitter, mica flakes,pearls,a few tiny pieces of gold lace,sequins, rhinestones, Swarovski crystals,green plastic crystals, glass pebbles,beads,shells, pressed flowers,lichen,and leaves, pine cones,Prima flowers,a butterfly from Reneabouquets,Tim Holtz,Prima, and Vintaj metal,and chain and bling from my stash.





All the lavender is Honeymoon Inklingz.The butterfly on the lower left is Tim Holtz tissue. The brown is Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. The green is Green Olive Shimmerz. I added all the colors to the chipboard later on to balance out how intense the orange is in the photo,plus one more shade. A greyish purple color called Imperial Amethyst Inklingz.  I put it on the cardboard,background paper, and flowers too.




I dabbed a little gold mica powder around the page.The watercolor paper under the photo is painted with a mix of Honeymoon and Steely Blue Eyes Inklingz.













I added a little Prima stamping.






You can see a few wisps of gauze.









I extended the woman's hair out onto the page using copper mica powder and Penny 4 Your Thoughts.


Thank you so much for looking,and have a great week! 














No comments: