Friday, December 7, 2018

Stay Wild | Niki Rowland



Hey there Shimmerz fans! Niki here today. How is everyone getting on with Christmas preparations? I love Christmas so much but but today I have a bright and colourful layout to share with you that isn't Christmassy at all! Back to Christmas crafting next week!

So I couldn't resist using this beautiful die cut sheet by Paige Evans from her new Whimsical collection. It sat in my stash for a while becuase I wasn't too sure what to do with it but then I had a lightbulb moment and decided to paint it in all the Shimmerz colours!


I started off by trimming the white card down, backing it on a piece of light pink paper, and then I mounted it on the dark pink border. I then attempted to colour match the colours from the Whimsical collection with my Shimmerz colours. I did a good job - there are so many Shimmerz colours that I had lots of choice and perfect matches in some cases.

I then painted all the flowers and leaves in my chosen colours. I used (all Shimmerz originals) Sunny, Jilted Jade, It's Mint to Be,  Pink O de Mayo, Pink, Pip Pip Cherry-O.


The die cut background painted beautifully. In some cases the flowers were double blooms so I painted the inner and outer petals different colours. The effect is really very beautiful. I added a few yellow and Pink O de Mayo paint splatters. 


It took quite a while to do the painting but it was very peaceful and theraputic and I really enjoyed just sitting and being arty.
 

Once the flowers were all painted I constructed the layout. I wanted the focus to be on the flowers in the background and therefore I tried not to add to it too much. I created a base for my photos on some fussy cut flowers, also from the Whimsical collection. I layered up my photos with a few paper layers and bits of ephemera. I the added rub-on butterflies and enamel butterflies around the flowers on the background.  The title is an Acrylic Perspextive by Bramblefox.


Thanks so much for joining me today - I hope you have enjoyed my very bright and colourful layout!

Happy scrapping and if you place an order, don't forget to put my name in the comments to recieve a free gift. Happy scrapping xx 

Products used: 




No comments: