Thursday, December 6, 2018

Magical Christmas Star | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz fans!

Nicole here and today, I have a fun and quick non-traditional holiday layout to share with you!
I don't know about you, but sometimes I stare at my product and get so confused on what I actually want to create.  Sometimes not having the exact shade of pink or not a full sheet of paper can be discouraging.  On today's layout, I've used a few chipboard embellishments, thickers for my title and a half of a sheet of 6x6 paper and that's it!! Shimmerz can really stretch your existing supplies and bring life to products you may have had in our stash for a while!  
Here's a quick look at my final layout:



Now, I'm going to be completely honest.  I dug DEEP into my stash this week.  I mean, so deep that I found chipboard stickers that literally the adhesive backing was falling off! I've had these in my stash for so long that I think it may have dated back to before my second son was born, which has been 8 years now...eek!!  So I took that as a challenge to use it or loose it!  When I saw the angel and bells, I knew right away that lavender and grey was going to be my color focus.  The bells even have an iridescent glitter that's purple that matches the angel's wings!  How could I have missed these gems for the last 8 years?!  With minimal pieces of this collection, I found a silver and grey 6x6 paper scrap in my scrap bin that was perfect.  When I don't have many paper supplies, I always turn to my Shimmerz to create my background.  For this piece, I used Shimmerz Lilac Blossom, Shimmerz Sugar Plum and Spritz Granny Grey to create the background.  When dry, I used a vine stencil (that reminded me of windy swirls) to create texture over top of the paint.  For the stencil, I used Dazzlerz Spun Sugar with a layer of Paste-eez Puttin' On The Glitz over top. This adds the beautiful iridescent glitter over the white.  Here are a few close ups:





Here is a list of the products I used today:
Dazzlerz Spun Sugar
Paste-eez Puttin On The Glitz
Spritz Granny Grey
Shimmerz Lilac Blossom
Shimmerz Sugar Plum

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have been inspired!

Want to try any of the products I used today? Or any Shimmerz products? Stop on over to the Shimmerz Shop and mention my name during checkout for a FREE product included in your order!







No comments: