Saturday, December 15, 2018

Peace Cards | Melinda

Hello crafty friends,
Melinda here and I am super excited to share my cards with you today!
peace card3
I created two cards featuring a variety of the beautiful Shimmerz Products!  They are both a finished size of A2, so they will fit in an A2 sized envelope. Of course they are a bit chunky with the dimensional Poinsettias.

peace card4
For both, I started by creating the card bases. I then cut the bases out of some cream colored cardstock and then cut the titles and flower pieces out of plain white cardstock. I absolutely love to start with just plain white cardstock and see where these beautiful Shimmerz products take my projects! The only other non-white pieces are the flourishes and the Kraft paper background mat for the card on the right.

lg poinsettia1
For this first card, here is a closer look at the beautiful poinsettias. I used a combination of the  and   the    to paint the poinsettias. For the smaller ones I just made the two layers two solid tones. For the large one, you can see I brushed the   on first and then added in the  darker shade.  For the leaves, I used the Olive You Only Shimmerz paint.  You can also see in the background that I stamped some tiny snowflakes using the tiny snowflake stamp from the     stamp set.  I then brushed on some of the Puttin’ on the glitz pasteez and brushed it horizontally to make the mat look a bit “snowy”.

peace kraft
Here’s a closer look at the peace title. I layered three of them together to give them some depth. I painted some of the Angel’s Kiss Inklingz onto the die cut. You can’t tell in the picture, but it has a very soft and subtle shimmer to it. Reminds me of a pearl like finish. The bottom outline layer has some Puttin’ on the Glitz dabbed onto it.

close blue back
Here’s a closer look at the Poinsettias on the second card. I painted these the same as the other card. For the background on this card, I started by spraying some Jenni B Bleu Vibez onto the background. Once it was dry, I just brushed on some of the Angel’s Kiss Inklingz onto the background.


blue peace


peace card4

CHECK OUT THIS GREAT INCENTIVE!!!
ShimmerzSurpriseFreebie SQ3-JPG

Supplies Used
love never melts lg

jenni b bleu vibez

puttin on the glitz - pasteez


Now all that's left is for your to go pick up a little Shimmerz Paint and you can make your own!

Don't forget to mention my name in the comments when you place your order there! You will get a little freebie to try!


Thank you so much for allowing me to share with you. Please leave me a comment and let us know you were here. Don't forget to check back to see what the rest of these amazing designers are working on! Until the next time, you have a wonderfully crafty day!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Love these beautiful cards, Melinda!