Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Choose Your Own Path


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for Shimmerz Paints!  I love using these richly colored paints, they're amazing.I have used a photo by A.M. Lorek from Google Free. I have done this for the November Color Team Challenge. I picked Olive U Truly Inklingz, a soft green color. I added other paints to complement it.



To make this page I made layers of corrugated cardboard, watercolor paper, and small pieces of foam core board and the photo. I sponged on gesso to the Lavender Frost background paper by Prima. This was so the paint wouldn't soak into the paper. I stenciled on texture paste,glued on mesh type pieces on the top and bottom, then put on the layers with the photo.
I started adding chipboard by Reneabouquets, the frame pieces were painted with Olive U Truly. I added Clear Rock Candy.




To add more visual interest I added micro beads. seed  beads, rhinestones, Swarovski crystals,lichen, feathers, pressed flowers, shells, resin pieces from Prima and some I'd made,pearls, charms, metal glitter, distress glitter, and metal from Tim Holtz. The white butterfly at the top is from Reneabouquets.



For the purple I used Imperial Amethyst Inklingz. Almost all the brown is Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz.The gold is mica powder. I also rubbed on silver mica on the background.



I used a few small pieces of lace, cheesecloth, and tulle.



The moon face is from Stamperia.



The white flower at the bottom middle is from Prima. The gold bead cap is from Vintaj.



Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week! 



No comments: