Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Never Touch A MONSTER

 My grandson Oakley LOVES the book Never Touch A Monster.  When nap time comes along at MiMi's house, he runs to grab his "monster book".  So a scrapbook layout was a must.

(Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to see how you can get a FREE jar of paint!!!)






I've been wanting to work on my Copic marker skills, so I found a Hero Arts customizable monster stamp set on clearance and thought. . . . "I'll make my own background paper".  I have so say this was a time consuming idea.  




It took a while to color all those monsters, but I was really happy with them.  Then to grab my Shimmerz Paints Vibez.  I spritz some paper with Jeni B Bleu, and Hermit the Frog, then used that paper with my cut files for the monster cut out, and the word MONSTER.  I added some drips to my word,  with more Hermit the Frog Vibez, but was so happy with how my little monster had all that awesome Jeni B Bleu shimmer to him.  I also used those spritzed papers to make little borders to add a touch more shimmer and color.



It's a very color filled, somewhat busy LO, but I wanted it to resemble the book.  It's a memory with Oakley that I never want to forget.  

Hope my crazy lil' monsters were able to inspire you.

**** When you place your Shimmerz Paints order. . . mention the word MONSTER. . . . and you'll receive a FREE jar of paint.

You can place your Shimmerz order HERE!




No comments: