Monday, July 16, 2018

Adventure Awaits You


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for Shimmerz Paints. It is such a pleasure to work with these high quality products.
I was inspired by the photo to make something lavender and sparkly, and I was craving some pink too.




To make this page,I used 49 and Market paper as the background. I used a credit card and a Prima stencil to apply a thick layer of texture paste. I put a double layer of foam core board under the photo for dimension, and arranged the Reneabouquet chipboard around it. I prepped the chipboard, then painted it with a mix of Pugnacious Purple and Oakie Bear Blue Inklingz. I coated it with a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle.


I put the Prima flowers, Reneabouquet butterfly, and dragonfly on. At the top of the photo is a Prima item I made with a mould and clay.


To add visual interest I added the following, seed beads, micro beads, Tim Holtz and Finnabair metal,dried moss, lichen,dried and pressed flowers, bling sequins, crystals, mica flakes,feathers, glass,distress, and metal glitter, gauze, tulle, small pieces of lace, silk ribbon, a charm, and gold leaf. 


As I added things I applied paint around it, then dropped glass glitter in while it was wet. 




I used a detail brush to add in some black watercolor crayon and water mix. You can see it on the chipboard, by running it along the edge, the cracks soak up the color. I used Olive U Truly on the page, and also Dear John Letter Inklingz. You can see the very pale pink of the Dear John by the stenciled areas. The gold is gold mica powder and water.




On almost every item I applied a little gesso, then more paint on top of that. I think it ties the page together.

Here is a list of Shimmerz Paints I used:

Inklingz:



Thank you so much for looking, and have a blessed week!














No comments: