Monday, June 18, 2018

"You are the cutest" Scrapbooking Layout | Simone Schermann


Hello Shimmerz Fans. Have you ever been in a creative rut? Or just knew you wanted to create but didn't exactly know what? That was me today. I didn't know what to create and didn't know where to start and when I stumbled across this sketch created by Laura Whitaker, I knew I would use it as a starting point for my layout.


I dove into my stash looking for a photo that had the right size and then papers that lend themselves easily for fussy cutting. That's when I found several of the Shimelle "Glitter Girl" papers and especially a hexagon paper in my favorite colors. It is so much easier to create within your favorite colors so that's what I chose. I also had the idea to use colored cardstock as my background paper and then creating a backdrop for my mixed media by using white gesso.


And then I just went for it. No more thinking about it, no more excuses: I completely forgot the world around me and did one step after the other. After preparing my background with gesso and waiting for that to dry, I laid out the photo and started working on getting an idea of the design on top. I loosely used the sketch for my design elements: there was a tag behind the photo sticking out on top. There were flowers on the bottom left and top right. I worked on my title and put it onto wax paper for later. When the gesso was dry, I chose my sprays and paints and used the packaging technique and paint splatters to add color. The last step was putting it all together and adding details.


What a great experience again. I just love being in this creative headspace where it feels as if I was in a parallel universe for the time being. Here is a link to my process video on youtube. If you place an order in the Shimmerz Store, don't forget to mention my name Simone in the comments at checkout to receive a free mini surprise product! Thanks for stopping by today!

SUPPLIES:
Creameez - Boogie Boardin' Blue, Ride the Tide, Lettuce Get Together, Witches Blue
Shimmerz - Key Lime
Vibez - Jeni B Blue, Grape Escape, Blue Jeans
Coloringz - Oh Say Can You Sea, Night Moves

No comments: