Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Adventure | Niki Rowland


Hi there! It's Niki back with you today and today I am sharing a layout I made using a cut file and lots of lovely Shimmerz Products!

I started off by cutting the Adventure cut file on my Silhouette (which is from the Silhouette Store and is by Paige Evans). I cut it on Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock which is designed to be heavyweight and to be able to cope with lots of messy stuff. My background is also a sheet of Marshmallow cardstock. 

I began with my background sheet first, and added three shades of pink to the background using the packaging technique. I used Vibez Pop Art Pink, Sweetheart and Spritz Cotton Candy. I then wanted to add some yellow so added Vibez Sunset Strip, also with the packaging technique. I wanted some areas of more intense colour so sprayed directly onto the layout with Sunset Strip in some places. I added loads of splatters using the same colours.

While my background was drying, I painted my cut file. I mixed Dazzlerz Lemon Drop with Texturez Gold Mine and a spray of Sunset Strip Vibez and painted the whole cut file in this colour. I then went back over each letter and added a low-light of Texturez Gold Mine.

Once my background and cut file were dry I stuck my cut file to my background, raised up on foam pads. I then added my photo stack to the right of the cut file and then started embellishing.

I embellished using a number of random items from older collections, just what I had in my stash really and things I wanted to get used up. It's amazing what you can pull together from a 'use it or loose it'  collection of embellishments! 

I have a process video for you of today's layout:


Products used:
Vibez: Pop Art Pink, Sweetheart, Sunset Strip
Spritz: Cotton Candy
Dazzlers: Lemon Drop
Texturez: Gold Mine
If you are placing an order via the Shimmerz website then put my name in the comments and you will recieve a free gift :)

Thanks so much for joining me today, happy scrapping xx 


No comments: