Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Be Like A Peacock Art Journal Layout | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz fans!

Nicole here and today I'm breaking the barrier  for an art journal layout using papers that are out of my comfort zone! I was inspired all by a single piece of paper from Maggie Holmes for this project! Here's a look at my final entry:


I began by creating my background with Coloringz Peachy Keen, Spritz Sapphire, Vibez Snow Way Man and Inklingz colors Green Goddess, Blue Lagoon and Greener Pastures. I really had no pattern or method as to how I applied the colors. I just put color on my page and sometimes that's what it takes for my ideas to flow!

The peacock was taken from a 6x6 paper pad and I really had to fussy cut him out. I used his surroundings on the same paper to create a small scene on the left.  On the right of the page, I used bits and pieces of ephemera, a tag and gold leaves to create a cluster. With the left side of my page appearing heavy, I wanted the right to feel similar. To finish my layout, I used alpha stickers and a gold glitter pen to create my title. Here are some close ups of the finished project:







Thanks so much for joining me today!
I hope you got inspired!






No comments: