Thursday, March 15, 2018

Lots of Texture | Missy Whidden

Hey there, friends!  Missy here, and I have a fun layout with lots of texture to share.  I decided to play around with some glass bead gel I have in my stash.  I pulled out an old stencil and scraped the gel over it onto some smooth white cardstock.  I created a vertical design with it and then let it dry.  I added lots of color using some Shimmerz sprays -- Spritz Ruby, Vibez Sweetheart, Jeni B Bleu, Snow Way Man & Glorious Day.  I also used a brush to add some water.  The dimension from the gel looked so cool once the color hit it, and the water allowed the ink to run and blend together.  This was super easy to do...the inks and water did all the work.


Here you can see the tiny glass beads.  It's so pretty!  I got it at Michael's in the same area as the gesso.  It's so bumpy and rough when you touch it...so awesome.  You can see where the colors blended into each other.  I deepened the pink by adding in some Creameez 1 Hot Mama and the blue with some Coloringz Mama Sings the Blues and Shimmerz Peacock's Plume.  To embellish this page, I used some random goodies from my stash.  I used some gold MAMBI stickers, some Amy Tangerine clear stickers and some SpiegelMom Scraps sequins.


To add to this golden yellow color, I added in some Shimmerz Bumbly Bee and Moonrock.  I absolutely love how this turned out!  All the texture and shine...oh my goodness!


These stickers here are so old.  I think they were like $1 at Hobby Lobby years ago.  But they matched, so I used them.  I also added in some matching thread around the photo.


I layered in more thread here along with some messy circles die cuts and more stickers.  I added some splatters on both sides of the photo using the same colors.  The papers behind my photo are from Jane Davenport.


Here's another angle of the awesome layers and dimesnion.


And just because it turned out so gorgeous, here are more close-ups of the color and texture.




I can't say enough how much I love Shimmerz!  It doesn't matter what you add them to, it always turns out awesome.  You could do this with texture paste or modeling paste as well.  I hope this inspires you in some way.  It was certainly fun to make!

Be sure to check out my video here to watch how this all came together.



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


Supplies Used:
Spritz--Ruby
Vibez--Sweetheart, Jeni B Bleu, Snow Way Man, Glorious Day
Coloringz--Mama Sings the Blues
Creameez--1 Hot Mama
Shimmerz--Moonrock, Peacock's Plume, Bumbly Bee



1 comment:

Kathleen | ScatteredConfetti said...

Already watched the video and this is absolutely stunning - that's the only word that I can think of to describe it!! The colours you chose are gorgeous and so vibrant. Definitely a scraplift layout :) Thanks for sharing, Missy!