Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Rare & Treasured 12x12 Layout | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz Fans!
Nicole here and today I have a fun 12x12 layout to share with you!

My inspiration for this weeks layout was from a photo of my husband that I have been really wanting to do a layout with, but I could never seem to find the right papers or products to use. This photo had a different shade of purple and it was hard to find something that worked. I was determined to get this layout documented, so I turned to my Shimmerz and I should have known....my Shimmerz never fail me! I love how this turned out and it's the perfect shades of purple! Here's a close up of my final layout:



I began by taking a sheet of plain white card stock and adding a layer of white gesso to it. Once it was dry, I just added layer on top of layer of Spritz Walkin' A Titght Heliotrope, Creameez Sky's The Limit and Inklingz Precious Posey.  The three of these made the most beautiful tone on tone paper!


Once all of these beautiful purple layers were dry, I turned the page over and began drawing hearts on the back.  I kept them close to being all the same size, however I did make a couple smaller ones that I used to fill in a couple gaps.  Once I had them all drawn, I cut them out and began to arrange them on my layout in a pattern that visually appeared as though they were "falling" on my page. I did add more of the Spritz Walkin' A tight Heliotrop behind the hearts using my brush and splatters to help bring out more of the darker color in my photo. Once dry, I took just the smallest amount of tape runner adhesive and stuck them down, then took this page to my sewing machine and ran a straight stitch down the middle of each heart.


 Once my hearts were in place, I layered my photo, added in some word phrase stickers and small embellishments from my stash and added some purple labels for my journaling and that was it!  Here are some close ups of my final page:
 





 Thank you so much for joining me today!
I hope you got inspired!

Don't forget that if you make a purchase over at Shimmerz Paints to add my name in the comments box at check out for a free product!



No comments: