Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Create Your Own Patterns with Shimmerz | Rubeena I.

Hello, Rubeena here from A Rare Ruby with another post as Creative Design Team member! In today's post, I will be focusing on the beautiful Shimmerz paints.  Have you ever wanted to channel your inner artist and create your own patterns or backgrounds? These paints were absolutely perfect for this activity. I look for ways to create easy cards. I only meant to create one or two backgrounds because they ended up requiring some concentration (sort of meditative). Instead, I ended up with six backgrounds (I had a seventh, but I wasn't too fond of it so I set it aside for another time). To make things less complicated, I selected six random colors and used those for all of the backgrounds. You can search for pattern inspiration on Pinterest or Instagram feeds if you are not able to come up with patterns on your own.

ACS_0075

I won't go into details on how I created each background as they were done loosely. It was fun learning about my watercolor brushes, too. I did random brush strokes and shapes and added further details and doodles with black and white pens. Once the backgrounds dried, I taped them to my card bases and added my sentiments and word dies.

ACS_0086 ACS_0087 ACS_0083

Easy, beautiful cards, right? Check out the shimmer on the last one!! Amazing! I had a lot of fun. I hope you'll be inspired to make your own! I will definitely be creating more because they make me feel like a true artist.

That's all for today. If you place an order, don't forget to mention my name Rubeena in the notes to get yourself a freebie! Thanks for stopping by! Until next time.

SUPPLIES

2 comments:

fyk said...

Wow! That shimmer is incredible! Love the beautiful colors you choose to use for these amazing cards!! 😍

Dana Joy said...

Love your work Ruby. Your work just brings me so much happiness. I must give this technique a try.