Wednesday, January 31, 2018

'Today' Layout | Niki Rowland

Hey there, it's Niki here with you today with my very first blog post and process video for Shimmerz Paints as part of their You Tube Education Team. I was so very happy to be invited to join the team becuase I love Shimmerz products, and the reason I love Shimmerz products so much is becuase they all sparkle!

The layout I have to share with you today is called 'Today' and is a photo of my little boy playing in the snow. 


I started off my layout by taking the background paper and using Vibez Pop Art Pink and Shimmerz Pink to make spoldges on my background - I used the packaging technique to do this. I also got brave and added some Vibez Deep Blue Sea which is quite a dark colour amongst all the light pink so I'm glad it turned out well.

I also added some splatters in the same three colours as well as some gold splatters using the Inklingz Miner Miner 49er.


When my background was dry I added a large white snowflake cut file (Just Nick) and then began to build my layout on top of the snowflake.

I then moved on to making the 'Today' title. It was a large chipboard white word. I painted it using the Shimmerz in Tickle Me Turquoise and left that to dry for a short time. I then used a stencil and applied Dazzlerz Foiled Again to get that beautiful silver textured look.


I finished off the layout by adding my photo, embellishments, some fussy cut snowflakes and journaling, all on top of the snowflake.


Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed my first layout for Shimmerz Paints, I definitely enjoyed making it and sharing it with you.

There is a process video of this layout so that you can see exactly how I made it and you can get a closer look at the different products in action - enjoy.


Happy scrapping xx

Supplies used:
Vibez Pop Art Pink and Deep Blue Sea
Shimmerz: Pink and Tickle Me Turquoise
Inklingz: Miner Miner 49er
Dazzlerz: Foiled Again

Find me on Instagram @Nikiclaire

No comments: