Friday, January 19, 2018

The Sweet Life Layout & Free Cut File | Nicole Kerr

Hello crafty friends!
Nicole here and today I have a mixed media layout featuring a couple different Shimmerz products!
I found a really cute picture of myself when I was cleaning recently and decided that was exactly the photo I wanted to use! I don't get to use pink very often (having two boys makes it too hard), so with Valentine's Day upon us and everything pink taking over my desk, it was time!
Before we begin, here is a quick look at my final layout:


I began my layout by applying a layer of Spun Sugar Dazzlerz over an XOX stencil that I created on my Silhouette Cameo. Once I had a layer of the Dazzlerz down, before I lifted the stencil, I also applied a layer of Paste-Eez in Puttin' On The Glitz over top. This adds a glitter layer over top the Spun Sugar and it is BEAUTIFUL!


 Once that layer was dry, I used my Coloringz Well Blue Me Down, Spritz Cotton Candy and Inklingz Lover's Lips and applied splatters of color all over my background.


Once all my color was dry, I began to add my layers to my photo and decided to offset it to the right of the page. This gave me room to add my title and embellishments to the left of it and still be able to show off the shimmer from the background layers. I also used a really small heart stamp on my layout this time. I haven't stamped on a layout in a long time and I'm not sure why! I will be definitely doing this again soon!
I really dug deep into my stash of papers and embellishments for this layout and used a lot of scraps and pieces that I've been hoarding for a while. It really felt good to use up product! I think I'm going to set a goal for myself to use up my scraps before I buy any more...we'll see how long that lasts! lol! Here are a few other close ups of my layout:


 

 BONUS!!!
I have uploaded my XOX Silhouette cut file to my Google Drive!
You can download the cut file I used to create my stencil for free HERE!

Remember that when you make a purchase over at the Shimmerz Shop, be sure to mention "Nicole" in the comments section during check out to get a free mini product with your order!

Thanks so much for joining me today!


No comments: