Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Layout using NEW Shimmerz Colors | Missy Whidden

Hey, friends!  Happy New Year!  Missy here, and I have a fun layout to share today using many of the NEW Shimmerz colors.  I began this page with the left over butterflies I had on my Cameo cutting mat after using the Moths Background by Paige Evans.  I used the outline on a different layout, and I couldn't just throw these guys away.  So I decided to paint them, and I'm so glad I did!

I used several new gold shades as well as a pink and a red.  The common theme here is GOLD.  They all have gold powders mixed in, so they not only dry a pretty color, but they have gold shimmer.  I used the new Vibez Pink Moscato and Rose Gold Red as well as Shimmerz Christmas Cheer, Moulin Rouge and Moonrock.  I also used Blingz Gold N Roses.  I did add in some Inklingz Miner Miner 49er at the end.  I think these colors made a fantastic color scheme.


Look at this...can you see the gold glimmer and shimmer?  This was VERY easy to do.  All I did was literally spray them or paint them.  The colors did all the work!  I glued down all the butterflies and machine stitched through some of them with gold thread.  Here at the top behind the butterflies, I used some of the Blingz Gold N Roses with some plastic packaging to get some subtle color down.


I think I could look at this all day!  This yellow color is the Shimmerz Christmas Cheer.  The deep pink is the Vibez Pink Moscato.


I created a photo strip of some silly photos of my daughter and arranged the butterflies above it.  I sorted through my stash and pulled out a Freckled Fawn wood veneer and some Crate Paper vellum die cuts that matched well.  I stamped the rest of my title below the photo using the Crate Paper Oasis stamps and a gold ink pad.


I went pretty simple on embellishing since the butterflies were already doing a lot for the design.  I did add some vellum and a piece of pink patterned paper under the photo as well as some adhesive foam for dimension.


My favorite thing about using butterflies like this is you can bend up the wings and create some awesome dimension.


One more close-up just because they're gorgeous :)


This was SO much fun to make!  You have to try out the new colors.  There are even more that I didn't use on this page...some greens and blues, so go check them out in the store!  Be sure to check out my process video here to see how I created this and get a closer look at the paint colors.


Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day!


Supplies Used: 
Vibez--Pink Moscato, Rose Gold Red
Shimmerz--Christmas Cheer, Moulin Rouge, Moonrock
Blingz--Gold N Roses
Inklingz--Miner Miner 49er



1 comment:

Rocío López said...

Love it so much Missy!!