Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Winter Snowman Painting | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz Fans!

Nicole here and today I have a fun, wintry project share! Recently I was inspired by a water colored snowman I saw online and knew that I wanted to paint something similar! Here's a quick look at my final watercolor piece:


I wanted to challenge myself and use just one product for this piece.  One that was cool toned and reminded me of snow and winter.  This entire piece was painted with different shades of Spritz, Walkin' a tight Heliotrope.  I sprayed bits of this color into my palette and watered it down to get the varying shades, with the darkest being the color directly from the bottle. Overall, it took many layers of color, beginning with the lightest and layering darker shades on top, drying each layer in between.



Just look at those shimmery pine trees!!! Once all of my layers were exactly how I wanted them, I got out my brown Micron pen to draw on his arms, white Signo gel pen to add the snow flakes and North Star, orange colored pencil to add his carrot nose and a black glitter gel pen to add in his eyes, mouth and buttons.  Here is a close up of my final painting:


Thanks so much for joining me today!
I hope I've inspired you to try this technique! If you do, be sure to share it with us!
If you purchase this color (or any color!) in the Shimmerz shop, be sure to mention my name in the comment section during checkout to get a free mini product!! Who doesn't love a free-bee?!?












No comments: