Monday, November 20, 2017

"Have Faith" Bible Journal Entry | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz Fans!

Nicole here, and today I have a Bible Journal entry to share with you!
Today I'm in Hebrews 11:3 which says "by faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible."
Here is an overview of my entry:


This entry spoke to me that He has created me and made me who I am today. That He has a plan for me in His vision and that everything happens for a reason. I'm only given things in life that He knows I can withstand. As I was reflecting on this journey, I find that I need to have faith and no matter what comes my way. He will always provide. 

For this entry, I wanted to paint bold flowers. Colorful and eye catching asa reminder to "have faith." I began by prepping my page with clear gesso. I used a mixture of AcriTonez, Vibez and original Shimmerz to create whimsical flowers and a halo to remember to always have faith and to be beautiful, no matter what comes my way.


 When creating my flowers, I mixed together Pinkadelic, Jiven Jade and Blue My Top to get the different colors of pink and blue for the flowers and green for the leaves. I used Vibez in Sunset Strip and for my halo and original Shimmerz in Coal for my flower centers.


Lastly, I complimented these colors with a few ephemera pieces, stickers and washi from my stash.


Thanks so much for joining me today!
If you use your Shimmerz in your next Bible entry, be sure to share it with us on social media! 
I would love to see how you're using them!



No comments: