Sunday, September 24, 2017

Shabby Chic Summer Place Junk Journal by Joyce



Summer’s over but I’m not quite done with it yet. It’s me Joyce here today to share my shabby chic Summer Place Junk Journal.  It’s stuffed with old things I used to hold dear: a collage featuring an old ticket to a play I attended; stained Battenburg doily; Pansies I dried years ago and now have a home in my journal; a letter from Grandma which included a dollar to buy ice cream on the way home from the neighborhood pool; a post card from my favorite Pre-Raphaelite Artist; and some music sheet to, “ A Summer Place” by Percy Faith.  When I was a young child, my mom would play this song when she set up to oil paint or attend to chores. Then and today, it still resonates with me. I feel all is right in the world and it still brings a tear to my eye.  

Here's a little slide show of the completed journal. Thanks for viewing with me.


All the chipboard, and linen fabric in the junk journal was treated with yummy, creamy Shimmerz Paints.

Let me tell you what I used.

Chipboard:
Acritonez-Three Sheets to the Wind
Inklingz – Pugnacious Purple, Precious Posey, and I Love you Onyxly
Shimmerz – Orchid-stra


Button:
Blingz- Gold Glimmer
Shimmer – Berry-licious

Coffee dyed paper and white linen fabric:   I combined the following two products to achieve a dusty lilac color.
Vibez- Princess
Shimmeringz-Heavy Metal







Thanks for letting me share with you.






3 comments:

Janette said...

Stunning...x

Purple Diva 6 said...

Wow💜 Wow💜 Wow💜 your journal is so very pretty🌸 and so feminine🌼 Just Stunning💜

Paper Attic said...

Absolutely adore this Joyce, and I love how all the little things you have incorporated have so much meaning, the perfect way to treasure those little mementos, lovely and inspiring work, LL xox