Thursday, May 18, 2017

Faith Inspired Art Journal Page | Nicole Kerr

Hello crafty friends!

Nicole here and today I'm happy to share with you a faith inspired art journal entry that I've created! I have recently purchased the large Dylusions art journal and have been very anxious to use it. I have several smaller journals, but I wanted to take the plunge and try something different...and for my first entry, it was harder than I thought! But, in the end...which took me several days to get too...I just love how it turned out! I love the bold impact that the larger pages gives!


I started by prepping my page with white gesso. Once that was dry, I took my two most favorite Dazzlerz colors: Gummy Bear and Sour Apple and just scrapped them onto my page with a pallet knife. I kept the blue towards the top of the page and the green at the bottom  and I let the colors blend together in the middle. I also added some of the Peachy Keen in the middle as well. I let that dry over night then started to doodle. I wanted flowers, but not ordinary flowers. I sketched flowers and joined them with lines that represent stems. I used a black and white gel pen to draw the sketchy lines. Once they were drawn, I used my sprays to color them in. I just put a little of the mist into a palette and applied the color with a paint brush.



After that was completely dry, I used a cross stencil that I cut on my Silhouette Portrait and used more of the Gummy Bear and Sour Apple Dazzlerz, but this time like dimensional paste thru the stencil. 
I LOVE this look! Especially in an art journal. It adds dimension without all the bulk. Once everything was completely dry, I added in my quote, "your world lights my path," I added in several small quotes to the stems of the flowers along with stitching lines to match the thickers I used and lastly a few card stock embellishments from Illustrated Faith.  Here are a few more close ups of the final project:








And here are the stars of the show!
 

To make it easier...here are the direct links:


Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you have a colorful week!





No comments: