Monday, May 1, 2017

A Shimmery Planner.

Hi there.  Lydell with you today sharing a Planner Page I am setting up for May. 

 (Can you Believe its May?  WHERE did April go?)




There is a touch of everything on this page, A bit of hand Lettering with Tombow Markers and Fudenosuke Brush Pen, Washi Tape and a bit of art work I photocopied and cut out and used as a side element.  It is actually a part of my Sister-in-law's birthday invitations I just finished off.  An arrangement of watercolour florals and leaves I painted and digitised, perfect for adding to my planner!  I am thinking it will show up more than once in Mays pages!!!

This time I wanted to show that having Shimmerz Paints on hand is an awesome way to add colour, and glimmer in a very simple way.  You dont need to be able to paint or draw for this.....or be artistic in any way really.

I handwrote on my page, sure.....but I also used my stamps and a very cool set of Alpha's that I could 'colour-in'...



Tips for stamping/colouring....

On this page I stamped in a similar colour to the colour Inklingz I was using.  A pale green.  The outcome is no border lines can be seen.  You can do this with images as well.  Its a cool look!

Add water to the Inklingz tub and let it sit for 5 minutes to activate and 'melt' the pigment.  You can make it watery and transparent, or thick and opaque.

If you want to add an ombre feel to your letters choose a darker shade of a similar colour (or co-ordinating colour like orange and yellow, purple and blue etc) and add it to the bottom blending where the two colours meet.

Outline the words or image in Black pen after it's dry if you like to add dimension.  It creates a more polished look than stamping in black first and covering up some of the borders with paint.

This technique as simple as it is can be used in your Cardmaking, scrapbooking, Bible Journaling or any project papercrafting you have in mind!


Heres how My May page came about




My months theme for May will be this similar colour scheme with the mint green through out.  Its a gorgeous colour  (Inklingz Giddy about Green)


So why not dig out all your alpha, number and Image stamps that allow you to colour in 
and try them with Shimmerz Paints on your next project.


Thanks for stopping in.






1 comment:

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh my giddy aunt, this is so amazing!!! Love your artwork on the side and your lettering skills are divine!!! (I am just trying to learn lettering).... How long did it take you to get this good??

I completely ADORE this planner spread!!!