Wednesday, March 22, 2017

"Mr. Right" Layout with Nicole



Hello Shimmerz Fans!

Today I have this fun, bright and colorful layout for you!  My desk has been swimming with papers and embellishments from the new Pink Paislee "Oh My Heart" collection and I couldn't help myself to pull out several of my Shimmerz paints that coordinate with this collection!  Here are some of the fantastic colors I found that coordinate with this collection VERY well:



Once I pulled my Shimmerz together, I really wasn't sure how this was all going to begin, but I knew I wanted a lot of color and I knew I wanted to use an open font cut file that I cut from my Silhouette.  I really wanted a messy watercolor background to compliment the papers I used, so I decided to cut my title, "Mr. Right," and back it with the papers that matched the Shimmerz I had chosen. Once I had my cut file backed, I  made watercolor splotches with my brush and the packaging technique and lots of splashes behind the title.  I kept the coordinating water colors and papers together...for example, the letter "G" in "Right" was an orange paper with pink polka dots, so I used the Inklingz "Can't Elope," behind that letter and the letter "R" was blue, so I kept the "Little Boy Blue" Aqua Huez behind that letter and so on.


When I adhered my title, I used a lot of foam squares so it stood up off my page to create a shadow and more depth to compliment all the water coloring.  I layered my photo with just tissue paper since there was so much color already in the layout. I used some of the coordinating ephemera from the collection and added that along with enamel dots around the photo and beside the "M."  To finish up the layout, I added three lines of journaling and my date centered under the title.




Here is the beautiful array of colors that I used on this layout:

The Aqua Huez are currently being discontinued and are DISCOUNTED in the shop! Be sure to head over and grab your favorite colors before they are gone!!  HERE is the link to that sale!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
REMEMBER!!!  Mention my name at checkout to get a free mini product with your order!!
(Can not be combined with other offers)

Have a colorful day!




No comments: