Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Emoji Fun Scrapbook Layout | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz fans!
Nicole here and today I have a super fun layout to share with all of you! My son and I were shopping during Halloween last year and he stumbled across an emoji hat that he tried on and he just started making all kinds of funny faces.  These are the kinds of moments that I love to capture with my boys because they are truly being their silly selves!  Then I remembered that I had coordinating embellishments and the perfect Shimmerz products and colors to create this silly and fun layout:




I began my layout by creating a messy, mixed media type background by creating multiple layers of color. I began with Dazzlerz Sour Apple which is a beautiful green color. I put a small amount on a piece of packaging and really watered it down so I could do the packaging technique.  I then layered Coloringz in Mama Sings the Blues, which is a beautiful navy blue color, over that using the same packaging technique and splatters. The final layer, I used the new Raspberry Sherbet Paste-eez and a stencil to create all of the pink dimensional circles.

I went thru my stash of older papers and found some that had bolder colors and patterns to coordinate with all the embellishments and colors that I had going on.  I added a few layers under my photo, added a few die cuts, flair, stickers and my title, and done!  I didn't over embellish this layout because I really wanted the background to show with all the layers of color.  Here are a few close ups of the final layout:







Here are links to all the Shimmerz products I used on this layout:

Thanks so much for joining me today!
Be sure to mention my name when you make a purchase to get a free product! 
Until next time, have a colorful day!





No comments: