Saturday, February 11, 2017

Abstract Party Art Journal Spread | Zinia Amoiridou

Hello shimmery friends! It's Zinia again to share with you another fun art journaling spread I created using some yummy Shimmerz products.

So before we get to the project let's take a look at the products I used: (please excuse my typo, I noticed it a bit too :P)



I chose a bunch of bright and happy colors to create an abstract page. Although I wanted to work with abstract shapes and color blocking, I also tried to give a party theme to my spread.



I started by priming my page with a thick layer of gesso. Then before the gesso dried, I started mixing in some of the colors. I wanted to gradually build up the color starting from some lighter shades so I used the gesso that was on the page to create lighter shades of my colors.


After the first shapes were in place, I started adding some texture to the page using my most favorite Paste-eez color, Raspberry Sherbet and some texture paste.




I kept building color and texture till I was happy with the result. For the final touches I added some scribbles with a black and a white pen. I didn't even pay much attention to the words I used, I just wanted the messy texture of the handwriting on the page.



It's a really fun and easy process. Just adding color here and there until the whole page comes together.

Thank you so much for joining me. I really hope you enjoyed the process of this spread. If you got inspired and you plan on ordering some yummy Shimmerz products make sure to mention my name "Zinia" at the comment section of your order to receive a FREE Shimmerz product!




No comments: