Friday, December 9, 2016

This Is What It's All About with Adrienne Alvis

Happy Friday, Shimmerz fans! I'm here today with a layout that I created using some Vibez and Texturez paste in some lovely soft hues.


For my background design, I started by lightly spritzing some Glorious Day Vibez spray ink onto my background patterned paper. It's sort of hard to see in the photos, but the Glorious Day ink gives my background a soft and shimmery gold look.


Next, I used a large 12x12 stencil from my stash and placed it on top of my patterned paper after the spray ink dried. I used some washi tape to keep the stencil in place while I added some Patina Texturez paste to a few large areas with a small spatula.



I love how the color turned out and how the Texturez paste gives my page so much dimension!


After the Texturez Paste dried, I layered lots of different patterned papers from the Open Book collection from Maggie Holmes under the photo of my daughter. I also used several die cut leaves and some rub-ons from the collection to accent my design.


I splattered a few ink drops using some Coloringz Night Moves spray ink for a little contrast and to coordinate with the other black elements on my page.


Shimmerz Paints Used: Texturez - Patina; Vibez - Glorious Day; Coloringz - Night Moves

I hope I've inspired you to break out some paint for your next crafty project! Don't hesitate to get a little messy and try a few different Shimmerz products on your page for a really lovely result. Thanks for joining me today and I hope you have a great weekend! 



No comments: