Thursday, December 22, 2016

Recreating a Design from Patterned Paper with Missy

Hey, friends!  Missy back with you today, and I have a new layout to share using lots of Shimmerz Paints.  I've had my hands on this beautiful Cocoa Vanilla Make a Wish collection for several weeks now, so I decided to pull it out.  Right away I was drawn to this patterned paper.  The cut apart card with the brush strokes just jumped out at me, and I immediately wanted to recreate that design on a larger scale.  I pulled out some white cardstock, created the quote in similar fonts in my Silhouette software and cut it.  I chose a rainbow array of Shimmerz Inklingz and Creameez to create with.




Here's what I came up with.  I just love how it turned out!  After cutting the quote, I left it on the cutting mat and painted all the brush strokes before peeling it off.  I didn't use that much liquid, so it did not ruin my mat in any way.  I used a large flat brush to paint and then used a rounder brush to splatter the paint.  Once I peeled it off the mat, I began working on embellishing.


I love mixing Inklingz and Creameez together!  For the yellow color, I began with Creameez Daffodil, but it was a tad too light.  I added in some Shimmerz Sunny which made it a little richer in color.  I machine stitched through each line with white thread and then added sequins in coordinating colors.


I fussy cut this gorgeous flower from another patterned paper and layered some vellum leaves under it.  I also added some tangled thread and a bit of patterned paper behind my photo.


I added several embellishments around my photo including some stickers, vellum tags, die cuts and a bit more paint as well as some tangled thread.  I also added some tissue paper behind my photos for a subtle border.


I just love a rainbow color scheme!  I went through the vellum pieces and die cuts and chose flowers and other shapes that matched each color.  I didn't want to make the layout too busy, so tried to be minimal with the embellishing.


I added some tangled thread under a few of the vellum flowers, and I love how that looks!  I'm just in love with these colors.  Shimmerz colors never disappoint!


I added my journaling under the photos and a few CVS stickers from the sticker sheet.


Here's one more look at the bottom area.  This dark color is a new Creameez called Witches Blue, and it's gorgeous!  The lighter blue is Creameez Ride the Tide with a splash of Vibez Jeni B Bleu mixed in.


Here's my process video showing how I created this.  I also list every product and color I used on the layout.  I hope you enjoy and gain some inspiration!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

Products Used: 
Inklingz--Beets Me, Honey Do List
Creameez--Just Peachie, Daffodil, Ride the Tide, Witches Blue
Vibez--Jeni B Bleu
Spritz--Cotton Candy
Shimmerz--Sunny


1 comment:

melsample said...

can you share your cut file for this? It's so pretty!