Monday, July 13, 2015

Picasso Inspired Wall Art

Hi...
Happy Monday!

Tina here today with a new Design Team project.  I got 'alottabit' artsy with my project this month and I hope you enjoy it. 

A few months ago, I went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art with my youngest Son, who is a Graphic Design major.  He is very knowledgeable about Art History and drew me into Cubism and Picasso art.  

Picasso was a creative genius and I just love his creative drive and how he used his vision to create amazing works of Art.

My project today is inspired by a piece of Picasso art, with a Tina twist.  :)



Adult Coloring pages are super HOT right now, and I LOVE to create with them.  I find them relaxing and fun!  I found a Picasso coloring page, located HERE, but instead of color it on paper with markers and paint, I wanted to create a piece of hang-able art.

I'll walk you through my design process, step by step.

Step One:  Tape a piece of white tissue paper to a scrap piece of 8x10 paper



Step Two:  Print image on tissue paper.  Here's what my screen looked like as I printed the image.







Step Three: Adhere to wood canvas with Mod Podge, Matte Medium, or your adhesive of choice.



Step Four:  Since my image wasn't quite as big as my canvas, I added several stamped images that reflected the Picasso shapes and designs.



Step Five:  Paint each section/grid in contrasting colors.  I used the following Shimmerz Creameez colors:  Thunder Storm, Daffodil, Berry Hot, Ride the Tide, and Mr. Clementine.



Step Six:  Using a Stabilo All pencil, outline each section/grid and wet the pencil lines, creating a watercolor effect.



Step Seven:  Using coordinating colors of Acrylic Paint Markers, add dots to each section/grid.



Step Eight:  Seal entire canvas, using clear resin.  I used Amazing Crafting Product Clear Cast Resin.  (warning - you will be addicted to this stuff - It's amazing)  You can really see the shine in this picture.  



Step Nine:  Hang and enjoy!  I loved creating this so much, I'd like to create a little vignette of Picasso inspired images on my wall.  I love how easy and artsy it turned out!



 
Don't forget the sides of your canvas.  I just followed the general shape over the side and embellished. 

 




I hope you enjoyed my project today!  

Remember, if you mention my name in the 'Instructions to Merchant section' when ordering Shimmerz product, you will receive FREE product each and every time!

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments: