Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Days Like This Layout with Missy

Hey there, Shimmerz fans!  Missy here with you today.  I'm sharing a layout I created using lots of delicious Shimmerz products.  It began as an experiment and turned out to be something I am very happy with :)

I began with white cardstock.  I added clear gesso to it first and then pulled out a few Dazzlerz in bright colors.  I used a Dylusions geometric stencil and a palette knife to spread multiple colors onto the cardstock.  I loved the mosaic look once I was finished.  I added some bright papers behind my photo.  I decided to use my Cameo to cut a really large title.  I decided to leave it white so it wouldn't compete with the Dazzlerz design.  The Dazzlerz go on so smooth and creamy...they were made for stencils!  I used my finger to smudge some Gummy Berry Blue onto the "days" part of my title.  Easy and fun :)


Here's a close up of the Dazzlerz.  They dry true to the color in the container, and they're very shiny.  If you're a bling and sparkle lover, these are for you!  I did use some plastic packaging and some Coloringz to add a bit more color.  This pink color is Pink Stiletto.


These paper layers are from Bo Bunny's Lemonade Stand collection as well some generic white tissue paper from my stash.  It makes great layering material.


I love the white-on-white look...very subtle and it doesn't get lost in the mix of all the other "stuff" going on throughout the page.  I added in some wood veneer hearts, which I colored with Coloringz and Vibez.  I also added lots of splatter drips, too.  Those yellow lines behind the title are Dazzlerz in Lemon Drop.  I added in some Coloringz in No Yoking on top of it.


One last close up the beautiful Coloringz and Vibez together....so pretty!  By the way, these liquids color wood veneer beautifully.


I hope this inspires you in some way to get creative with these products!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

Here is a video of my process creating this layout.  Enjoy!



Products Used:
Dazzlerz--Pucker Up Pink, Sour Apple, Gummy Berry Blue, Lemon Drop
Coloringz--No Yoking, Pink Stiletto
Vibez--Jeni B Bleu, Sunset Strip

1 comment:

Stac said...

SUPERB video Missy!!!!
Such a super cute LO!