Sunday, January 19, 2014

January Guest Designer- Sarah Lynch, Project 4

Hi everyone, it's Sarah here with my last guest post for Shimmerz.  I had such a blast playing with all of the wonderful products! This month I wanted to use my favorite (Texturez) again and I decided to alter a book to use to write down projects I'm working on, quotes and anything that inspires me, so I don't forget.  The cover was heavy cardboard so it took all the media quite nicely, without warping. Here is my project:

First I used my Texturez in "Brick Wall" through a gear stencil on the top left corner and bottom right corner. I had first covered the front in heavy gesso then used a rubber "bath mat" toy of my daughters to create the hearts. Then they were colored in "celery" Shimmerz .

I then colored the background with both the "celery" green color and the blue "sapphire" Spritz.

My picture frame started out really blue so I decided to pain it with white, then embossed the corners with some gold embossing powder, then rubbed some "celery" Shimmerz on it to totally change the look.
Thanks for allowing me to spend the month with you lovely crafters and I hope some of you will stop by my blog and say hi sometime! www.kitchensinkcreations.blogspot.com

Here is one more close up:
Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: