Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's As Simple As Painting and Stamping

by Carrie Ferrier
I will admit it, there were times in the past that I left my big stash of stamps in the cabinet because it felt like too much trouble for this clean and simple scrapper to use them.

That totally changed when I started using Shimmerz Paints. My giant stash of stamps are no longer hidden in the cabinet; and I rarely do a page anymore without using my Shimmerz Paints with my stamps.

For today's design, these are the 'ingredients' I used for stamping and painting; a heart stamp, a paper doilie, Shimmerz Blingz, and my foam brush.



After cutting around the stamped heart from the middle of the doilie, and cutting the painted edge off one end of the doilie, I added them to my layout.

6 comments:

bethchien said...

that is an awesome layout, so beautiful! and great technique!

Stac said...

A very beautiful LO! Great job.

ellen s. said...

this is beautiful, Carrie!

Taj White said...

so pretty!! love the way the heart has so much texture!!!

Christie Bryant said...

This is so beautiful! What fantastic technique.

Roberta said...

What a fantastic idea!!!!!! This is gorgeous!!