Thursday, August 12, 2010

Altering Pattern Paper with Pearlz


I had the most perfect paper ever for pool pics...that is until I realized that the colors in my pattern paper and in my pictures didn't quite match.

No worries! I just used my new Blue by U Pearlz to alter my pattern paper.


Materials: Shimmerz Blingz in Gold Glimmer, Shimmerz Spritz in Chickadee, Shimmerz Pearlz in Blue by U and Shimmerz in Royal Red, My Mind's Eye papers and embellishments, American Crafts Thickers, Bazzil cardstock.

I also used Spritz in Chickadee, Shimmerz in Royal Red (the red drips) and more Pearls drips to add interest.


Don't forget the Blingz in Gold Glimmer that glitzed up my fish! (The second photo was taken in sunlight so you can see the beautiful shimmer.)


Shimmerz is an excellent product to use when you need to alter your pattern paper. Oh, and don't be afraid to do that. After all, it is your paper, right? Make it work for you!

Happy Shimmering!

xoxo
Bethany Kartchner

5 comments:

Taj White said...

wonderful!!

Christie Bryant said...

Love this layout! They way you used your pattern paper is fabulous!

Angela W said...

Beautiful!

Roberta said...

Great work Bethany!

Stac said...

What a super fun page!