Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In a Pinch?! Try Duplicating Your Embellishments Using It As A Mask with Vibez!





I used Shimmerz Licorice Spritz to give the silk butterfly and Canvas brads an aged look. When the brads had dried I pressed them into a stamp by Pink Paislee to add a bit of pattern to them. LOVE the way they turned out!

Supplies: Black Crystal Flourishes, Silk Butterfly, Silk Flowers, Felt Flowers, Crystal Brad, Canvas Brads, and Crystal flower center are all by Zva Creative . Patterned Papers, Acrylic Stamps, Chipboard Letters by Pink Paislee . Spray Ink is Licorice Spritz by Shimmerz Paints .

I learned something on this page that I thought I would share with you. :)

When I first completed this page it looked like this.



I kept staring at that BLANK corner in the top left . . . and I knew it needed "something" but wasn't quite sure what to do. I thought, "Wouldn't it be great if I had another red butterfly to go there?" But I didn't. :( Sooooo, I decided to improvise. I used another butterfly (a different color) as a mask with my Shimmerz Licorice Spritz . It worked like a charm! Filled that corner right up and made the red butterfly feel like it was floating upwards. YAY!

Before



After



So next time you only have one embellishment and you wish you had two . . . try using it as a mask! Super fun! :)

Thanks for popping by!
Jana Eubank

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love this idea...and what a difference it made!!!! I love it!!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea with us!!

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Beautiful Jana! Thanks for the inspiration & idea!!

Lori Renn said...

Gorgeous layout, Jana!

Stac said...

What a great idea. Thanks for inspiring me Jana.