Tuesday, March 23, 2010

**Shimmery Weekend**

Hi everyone! Leslie here....

Today I thought I'd share with you some things I worked
on over the weekend at a fun crop I went to with
two other Shimmerz girls Taj White & Daniela Dobson.

First up is my "Two" layout.
Daniela brought the prettiest butterfly die with her
and Taj was cutting lots of butterflies with fun papers.
I wanted the negative space so I could use some beautiful
Shimmerz butterflies on a page
I wanted to do about my 2 peas in a pod.

So I took the paper and used it as a stencil, sprayed
Shimmerz Vibez in Jeni B Bleu and created the butterflies
you see here. My paper was already a very light shade of
blue. I think the Jeni Be Bleu was the PERFECT addition
to make that paper stand out:
I free hand stitched around the butterflies, to mimic movement.
Of course I also had to use the die cut butterflies on the page
as well.
Here's a few closeups:
you can really see the shimmer on these stenciled butterflies.
The Vibez is really shimmery & pretty!
I also let some droplets fall on my letters, to give them just a
bit more flare.

My next project is just a Shimmery Shimmerz page
I put together pretty quickly using Jenni Bowlin's Coordination Cardstock,
I sprayed the fabric I used, the papers, flowers and letters
after they were stamped on the page.
Here's my shimmery page: 
and a few closeups:















I wanted to create another one of my cupcake liner flowers
I first made a while back and shared
here on the Shimmerz blog.















Thank you so much for letting me share my creations with you today.
Go experiment with Shimmerz today. Let your mind be your guide...
have fun!

~Leslie

9 comments:

Stac said...

Leslie: you and your work are just tooooo cooool! Love it!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Leslie...your work is soooooo awesome...I LOVE THESE!!!!

Samantha McElyea said...

Those flowers are so awesome! I love all of this page (:

Lucy Edson said...

Gorgeous work, Leslie!!

Unknown said...

wow, I love the colors you chose, just beautiful!

Daniela Dobson said...

You know I love them!!!! Let me know if you need more butterflies!!!! Beautiful work! So happy we got to spend some time together!

LG said...

This is fabulous! Everything looks perfect together!

Stacy Cohen said...

Such pretty layouts!!!! I think I need one of those butterfly punches. :)

Unknown said...

Love the butterflies and of course all the Shimmerz products used! What dies are those, I'd love to get some. Love the cupcake liner flower, super cute.