Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shadow Box New Boots

For my project I created a shadow box and used shimmerz paints on the exterior of the box to create a unique weathered look finish. I started with a chipboard insect collection box and layered the interior with an assortment of websters papers. To give them a little depth and dimension I spritzed the interior papers with Shimmerz Spritzerz.

For the interior I cut out elements from Websters papers and raised them with foam core board. I spritzed them with ROCK-A-FELLA BLUE,Concrete, and TREASURED HYMN http://www.shimmerzpaints.com/retail-shimmerz-shop.php. These spritzez create a lot of fun and visual interest to your works.

For the exterior of the box I first removed the glass from the box so that it could be more easily photographed. I then painted the entire box with gesso to seal the cardboard surface. Next I painted it with an ivory acrylic finish and added in a touches of brown to break up the solid color. Once this had dried I started layering the Shimmerz spritzerz on the exterior surface. To prevent the spritzerz from running and create depth I added the paints one at a time.  I used the following colors in this order TREASURED HYMN,Concrete, and ROCK-A-FELLA BLUE.  I really like how the project turned out and hope my nephew will like New Boots.


This is the box before I added the final sprays of Shimmerz. I love to layer the product to give my projects depth and dimension. I hope you will try  shimmerz on your projects I know you will become addicted to paint the way I have. Happy painting!

8 comments:

scrappermimi said...

What a cool project!

Sue said...

this is so cute!! I love your shimmerz products!! I only have 2 but use them all the time :)

Stacy Cohen said...

This is so cool! I love all the details and dimension.

Stac said...

Very, very creative! Good job.

Myia Shantrice said...

Really nice! I love the details

Taj White said...

such an awesome project. love all the dimension

Roberta said...

I love this project. Beautiful!

Ciao

Samantha McElyea said...

I love all the outdoor touches you added! Fabulous!! :)